Springtime marks the year’s busiest season for homebuyers and for homeowners making changes to their spaces.
According to data from the National Association of Realtors™, sales activity typically increases about 34-percent from February to March. However, with rising home prices and interest rates, many people are considering improvements or renovations to their current homes instead.
Are you asking yourself the question: to move or improve your home? No matter what you decide, Ameris is with you as you make those big decisions.
Home Improvement Tips
Improving your space can not only make your home more comfortable and enjoyable, but it can increase its value.
If you decide to tackle home improvement projects this spring, here are three things to consider:
- Prioritize Projects: Which home improvement projects provide the most return on investment? Selecting the projects that give you the most bang for your buck can set you up for more success if and when you sell your home.
- Cut Costs: Consider do-it-yourself (DIY) projects to cut costs and make home improvements on a budget.
- Consider a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): If you have more expensive renovations or multiple improvements in mind, consider financing your projects with a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC), which allows you to tap into the equity in your home to cover costs.
Time to Move? Engage A Mortgage Specialist
If moving is the right decision for you, Ameris has a team of mortgage professionals here to help. We can provide guidance on interest rates, preparing your home for sale, and mortgage options.
- Know the Process: Becoming knowledgeable on the home buying process can empower you to make the best decision for you and your family. Familiarize yourself with your credit status and the loan application process.
- Know Your Options: Exploring different rate options can help you choose whether a fixed rate or adjustable rate is the right option for you.
At Ameris Bank, we’re here to answer your questions. Contact our team of mortgage professionals for guidance.
Let Us Help
Whatever your goals are, Ameris has ways to help you reach them. Learn about construction financing, personal loans and lines of credit, HELOC, credit card options and more. Our representatives are ready to help and are waiting for your call.
Published March 2023
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.
All loans and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
Ameris Bank is not affiliated nor endorses the company featured in the article.